05 Jul Show your self to yourself: Self-portrait Workshop
I know myself now, and I feel within me
A peace above all earthly dignities,
A still and quiet conscience.
William Shakespeare, Henry VIII
Is looking at a photograph of yourself difficult for you? Are you very self-critical? Would you like to change this? Taking a self-portrait is a practice of self-love and the beginning of a journey towards self-acceptance.
Join me for a day of storytelling, technical instruction and photography that will help you show your self to yourself.
– Discussion and presentation of photographers’ self-portraits
– Photography instruction on how to set up a self-portrait
– Photography practice
– Refreshments and a light lunch
– 3 weeks personal email and/or Skype support and feedback before final presentation
– Final presentation with drinks and snacks
Saturday, August 6th 9am – 5 pm and Wednesday, August 31st 7 – 10 pm
Maximum of 6 participants per workshop
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
Lao Tsu, Tao te Ching